Sunday, January 08, 2006

Stocktake

I went to Kluang, Johor for a stocktake with a vacation trainee, John. So what the hell is stocktake for? We, as the third party auditors, need to go to the Company's inventory to count its stocks, whether it is stating correctly as per their record. I was rushing audit working papers the previous day and I did not sleep before I went to outstation. It was nice that the client who was driving 4 of us there. This time, the Company's principal business activity is cattle breeding, research and selling. I was dooomed.... I have to count cows and bulls!

On the way to Kluang required 4 hours of decent driving (120-130KM/h with a Renault Kangoo, what am I expecting?) and the journey was hell of tiredness (not the road was bumpy, but I did not sleep previous day). It is also on the way to Mersing, Johor, the town jetty to go to Tioman Island. I sat at the back and kept my eyes open as long as I can, but John decided to have a rest. So his head looked like this from my view:


Up .....


Down... and on and on and on.. Hehe



When we reached the cattle farm, unexpectedly, the place was quite well organized and clean. But they just can't get rid of the cattle smells.


It's a clean place to be!



Feeding time



These calves are extremely pitiful - they are castrated by the humans!


We then went to the paddocks to count the non-pregnant cows. They were so friendly and intimidating.


Distance was about 1-2 metres


They were stoned and stared at us when we arrived at the paddock. Soon, they began to come closer and form a gathering, as if we had food to feed. We were almost surrounded as we were counting them.


More and more coming


After finished counting, we went off. As I was the last one at the back, the cows started to follow us back to our jeep. Hundreds of them followed our walking pace, while some of them running, as if they were chasing behind me.


Bullrun!



It has just reached earth few hours ago! Unregistered of course



Great landscapes, fresh air, adventurous. Behind me were pregnant cows - the most difficult things to count



A pic of Mr. 249. This is the best picture I've taken for the day. Ugly, but exremely adorable. Its tongue reached out is as long as my palm to my fingertips!


Entirely a different experience in the outskirts.

No comments: