Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Fitness Session @ Celebrity Fitness

Venue: Skybridge, 2nd Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre (New phase)
Cost : RM0 (7-Day trial xs)

I haven't been to some fitness centres to really pump up my body, but this is an experience that would hardly vanish from my memory. It's actually inside the shopping complex, similar to Sweat Club in Mid Valley Shopping Centre. But this fitness centre is not anything like the Mid Valley's. In respect of the space it occupied - 27,000 square feet - average. We're not big fat bumps gonna require a wide space to exercise anyway. About the equipments, it's more than average, user-friendlier than average, I should say (as a consumer). 96 Cardio machines (for light running and training) and 74 Strength machines (for body and muscle trimming) - I get to put my hands on most of the machines without a queue.

This centre is currently running 140 aerobic, pilates and yoga classes per week. My sister eventually informed there was a program called MTV Style coming soon after we reached the centre, and I hesitated of joining her then. All these while I thought that these programs are actually as bored as jogging alone in the park (tried once and it's done!). She insisted that it's going to be fun, as the name already speak for themselves. I was like - "OK then, let's see what it has got". As we reached the centre we headed to the average sized studio and there was already a pumping program running, which I saw some "chun chicks" (pretty girls) and "hot dogs" (*) - pumping (not each other, but with their own weights, on their own mats, on the floor, with the trainer at the center stage) - then wow, a good first impression. ;o)

Then after that my sis and I joined another group for MTV Style - in which I initially thought the trainer will dance like the pop singers like Britney Spears or Ricky Martin and we follow. Eventually it turned out like we were dancing some kind of modern dance that incorporates Latino with Modern-pop and warm-up-styles, which I found it very hilarious but I was controlling myself not to lough out loud. It was in fact a one whole dance that they tought us phase by phase gradually, and the process of learning it made it so funny - more to the sense of enjoying. Anyway, the trainers was an Australian and an American (I supposed) so I don't think loughing out loud is a good idea of expressing oneself at the moment. But the good thing is - the steps are still clear on my head - Bravo to the trainers.

Compared to Sweat Club or Fitness First, I would suggest RM140 per month with no upfront fees may be worth for the pay (as a consumer) to stay "chun" and "hot" - I mean young and fit. Visit the Celebrity Fitness official site.


* "Hot dogs" was actually a new term to address pretty boys or hot guys - thanks to Sabrina Sim

No comments: