Friday, March 18, 2005

I Earn Myself A Vacancy in the Broadband Industry

Refering to the post on 8th March 2005 in regards to the discriminating charge of RM30 by TMNet Streamyx (Malaysia's largest broadband service provider) personnel. I have finally figured out how to establish a permanent connection to the Internet without dialling the modem. That means once I switch on my computer, I have connection to the Internet at an instant and a faster speed. I remembered once I got my new modem couple of weeks ago, I called up Streamyx helpline and I asked:

Me: I have bought a new modem, everything is working as per normal but I do not have the Internet connection.
Operator: Ok. I'm not going to teach you about the permanent connection, but I can show you how to connect using a dial-up.
Me: *Wink wink :o( Alrite. How?

Eventually she just reset my password and I could connect to the Internet. It was because I forgot my password previously.

Now that I just performed some simple clicks and type my username and password on its webserver, I saved RM30 bux on "professional fees" for service rendered not more than even 10 minutes. If one day five people need my RM30 bux services, one day I earn RM150, five days of working gives me RM750. One month I would have RM3K - better than other professional services. However, it's no future prospect. It's not possible to own a "Simple Clicking For RM30 Sdn Bhd". So, it's only a social responsibility job afterall. =o)

No comments: