Thursday, June 02, 2005

My grandma .. sigh...

Yesterday I went to University Hospital not to visit, but to admit my grandma to the emergency ward. Though the trauma and emergency commonly used for somebody who is suffering from tragic accidents, but it is o.k. to put anyone who requires a quicker attention to the emergency ward, instead of the usual outpatient section. Furthermore, the staff here will help you carry the patient to the stretcher or wheelchair into the emergency ward without charge.


Trauma & Kecemasan (Emergency)


The automatic sliding door, with further scanning range compared to normal sliding doors


The wheelchair transporter


The beds transporter

The emergency ward is guarded by security personnels. However we managed to sneaked in with some other people to peek at our grandma. It is not allowed for people to cramp inside the emergency wards because of disturbance and noise pollution.


My grandma in the emergency ward. The equipments are fascinating!

We (my parents and I) were then being chased away by the nurse and the doctor after they found us standing there, staring at my grandma being treated in tubes and wires. We waited to be fully diagnosed before sending her to her respective ward.

My grandma was not sick, but she has been throwing up like a drunk man lately. After seeing clinic doctors, she was given normal antibiotics, fever and anti-puking medicine, but still puking even in the middle of the nights. She has been puking alot more times these few days while the big butterflies and once a big grasshopper been visiting our house each nights since. It is a very very bad sign, if you believe it.

After we put her into hospital she was diagnosed with severe cardiovascular problem.


The cardio ward, joined with tubes on the nose, hands, urethra, and wires on the abdomen


The news reporter machine


The notice at the main cardio ward - Visiting hours limited from 12-2 and 5-8 p.m.

We understood that we were only permitted to entry within the 5 permitted visiting hours. We also further understood that the ward will be actually closed for all visitings at 10 p.m. We went off about 9.30 p.m. then. I was further understood that my aunt later told me she has visited my grandma at 12 midnight few hours after we left and my parents also visited my grandma in the early morning 9 o clock. There I conclude that the notice of visiting hours is as useless as tampons in the dustbins...

We wish my grandma well and recover soon....................................................................................

No comments: