Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Myth Discovery #1 鬼佬凉茶 (Western 'Cooling' Tea)

鬼佬凉茶名字听下来可解除热汽,可是根本无D真正凉茶的作用。The Chinese thought that the the Westerner's consumption of beer is similar to the traditional culture of drinking chinese tea in the East. Whenever the western countries need to take a break off the busy work of the day, or having meals, beers are served hand in hand. That's what keeps them on the move in their everyday life, just like the Chinese drinking the Chinese "cooling" Tea.

So I was plagued by the throat infection, and I thought of drinking the Western Tea may help "cool" off my sore throat and ulcer, in fact it did the other way round instead. When I was about to heal off yesterday after 2 sessions of Chinese "cooling" herbal drinks past couple of days, the Western Tea made my sore throat worse again when I woke up in the morning. Slight fever started to catch up. So I was back to the square one, haunted by the Panadols again.

鬼佬凉茶is the traditional Western beverage that will not help any sickness, perhaps to make it worse. Drink 鬼佬凉茶 only when you are free of sickness and want to party or enjoy! Do not treat it like a real "凉茶" ("cooling tea") as the name depicts.

No comments: